Typar® Spunbond Polypropylene
Typar® fabrics are 100% polypropylene spunbond nonwoven and offer excellent uniformity at high strength in all directions. Available in many styles and corresponding ranges, Typar fabrics are chosen for a wide variety of end uses.
Typar Polypropylene Spunbond Advantages
- Proprietary mechanical draw The Typar technology utilizes a mechanical draw process rather than air to attenuate the fibers, which results in very consistent fiber diameters and superior web uniformity. Additionally, there are no binders to potentially contaminate the end product. The unique structure of Typar fabrics results in uniform stress distribution.
- Continuous filaments Their continuous filament construction means Typar fabrics are suitable for slitting and are unlikely to ravel or fray. Continuous fibers add strength as there are no short staple fibers that could separate from the fabric.
- Oriented laydown The Typar technology utilizes oscillating diffusers to deposit fibers at laydown. This process allows for extreme uniformity and strength in both the machine and cross-machine directions.
- Area Bonding Rather than relying on point bonding, Typar fabrics are area-bonded, giving them great strength and stiffness. In addition, the fabrics have a smooth surface, making them ideal for coatings.
- Physical properties Wet or dry, Typar fabrics maintain their physical properties. Permeable, they absorb less than 0.1% moisture. They are difficult to ignite as well since they tends to melt and shrink away from heat before reaching the ignition temperature. Typar is offered in 4 to 20 denier per filament; the higher denier fabrics are stronger and stiffer.
- Finishing Typar is thermally and ultrasonically sealable, and it can be slit or die-cut with a clean, tailored edge. It is available in gray, black and natural.